Thursday, April 16, 2009

5th section to port to base.

left, kids of the 5th section chilling around.
bottom, a mud house were clayton slept. and bottom left is me working haha. yeah me working. and the last on is the river were we bathed.

i'm going to make this short because it is getting really late and i do not feel all that great. We canm back from port and left and spent one night at the base. the next day we went to go stay in the 5th section for a week. While we were in the 5th section we started building a new church for the people. It was also a school for the kids. The first day in the 5th section i got sick with a bad cold most likely because we were sleeping out side were it gets really cold at night. You might not think it dose but it did. So im in the 5th section working and sick. This was not fun for me at all but while i was there i connected with the people so much. Everyone knew my name and by the end of the first day. Kids and adults were calling out mike mike mike mike while i was walking place to place. kinda feels good.
Showers..... wow that was an experience. We bathed in a river that was not to deep. It only got up to your thigh at the deepest point. There was a strong current that i like to think cleaned my body the most. Peterson told me that the last time he bathed here he saw a dead headless donkey thats belly was bloated floating down the river. So they waited 15 mins before going in. haha i thought that was funny.
Another part of the reason for us being in the 5th section was the crusade that we held every night in a open field where all the people in the 5th section were invited to come. We had dramas, music, talent shows and other contests, speaks and more. Lots of people came and heard about god and what god had been doing in peoples lives.
We then came back to the base for one day after the week in the 5th section was done. the church was build and everyone was happy.
We left to go to port again but i was only there for two day. I was sick again, this time i could not keep my food or liquids down and was throwing up everywhere. I was in bed and did not stand for two days. I did not eat anything for two days and i was so week. They sent me back to the base to rest and get better. the think it was food poisoning or worms by the way. we still don't know. I soon regained my heath and soon after that my feet where a little sore. I then got athletes foot and the whole bottom of my foot was coming off haha. The skin was like one huge blister. My foot is still healing but its not over yet. I woke up this morning with my eyes sealed shut. I ran to the bathroom and felt my eyes. There was a thick coat of hard mucus on my eye lashes. So i ripped it off and found my left eye as red as blood. It was mucusy and blurry. I also left my contacts in, so there ruined as well. SOooooooooooooo, now i have pink eye. its ok because i know god will heal me and protect me from anything else that comes my way.
other then all of that im just waiting till sat for the rest of my team to come back from port and see where were going next. keep praying for me.

again im not going over my spelling. sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment