Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finaly here


I land in PAP and i get to the customs counter, i noticed that my bag that is on my back is not a heavy as it was when i got on the plane. i ran back outside and went to the plane and told the guy that my laptop was still on the plane. he asked me what it looks like and went up and got it. thank ya JESUS.  So I went all the way back and went through customs and proceeded to the baggage clam. I waited and waited and nothing came. so i was thinking to my self that the bag had come yesterday because i missed my flight. so i went to the baggage sevice desk and she said that it is here and i need to pick it up somewhere else. she directs me out side and to turn left and keep going. So i do that and i dont see anything. People are coming up to me saying things i dont even know what there saying. anyways a guy jumps in front of me with this sign with my name on it and my picture. he said mike .....mike johnson. i am here to drive yu to ywam. so... i explain to him that i need to pick up my suit case at this place. he said that is fine and took me. do you know how far that place was were he took me. 5 min walk down the road with cars wizzing buy and people yelling and screaming. How in the world did that lady at the desk think i would be able to get there on my own. 
ok so i get my stuff and were off. 3 hours drive to st marc. fun. NAT. we arrive and i am greeted by a haitin by the name of George. he took me to the place i was staying and i unpacked. I made a new friend on my first day. his name is philpson. yes he is Haitian and he can speak a little english. he showed me around and we watched tv. STE UP 2 was on and he was lovin it haha. it was in french tho so it wasent to enjoyable for me. i started to ask him what else is here, ok so this might blow you away but he said we have tv, we have a wii system, we have a pool, we have internet, we have a soccer field with grass, and we have a basketball court. I WAS LIKE WHAT. so ya thats right we played wii till 1 in the morning. that was my day and today is another. let ya know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Mike!
    I'm so glad you finally arrived in Haiti safe and sound! lol
    Sounds like you're having a great time and meeting friends and stuff-glad to hear it.
    Keep writing, k? We love reading!
    -Aunt Stacey

    ReplyDelete